Sunday 2 February 2014

After Eight


Hello lovelies! 

 I was thinking about my outfit posts recently and how they have mostly consisted of day time looks, usually because they are my ootd's or because I feel a bit strange wearing a night time look outside in the bright daylight. However, I decided to brace up and snap a slightly more dressy outfit which I would wear to a nice dinner out or cocktails with the gals or maybe even to a cheeky date (Ooh!) 
If you're thinking 'you must be bloody freezing' you would be correct! Taking my off my coat half way through was a big struggle but all worth it for the blog haha. I've tried taking photos inside, but they haven't worked out as much as I would like and I also much prefer the natural outdoor lighting so I think i'm going to stick to the outdoors and just embrace the red rawness of my fingers - sexy. 
I wore this skirt loads in the summer with little crop tops or sweet vintage style blouses and my heeled sandals and loved it. However, since then it's been a little ignored as does a lot of my summer gear, so I decided to bring it back into action again with my new sequin high necked top and silver courts - both from the Topshop sale. This is a great way to show how you can incorporate your summer wardrobe into your winter one, something I have been trying to do a lot more recently. 
The coat i'm wearing is one my mum bought ages ago and has never worn it, so she gave it to me. It looks really smart and is a great length for midi skirts. I really want to buy a simple black 'Duster' coat which would be a similar length to this, so that I can wear it with all my midi skirts, as well as other things. All my coats are to the knee or above and I find wearing them with this length of skirt doesn't look right somehow. I've been eyeing one on ASOS which is £60 which I think is a pretty good price for something I know I would wear so much, but probably by the time I can buy it, it will be summer again!
How do you like my silver shoes? I've been wanting a pair of pointed smart courts to wear out with cropped trousers and skirts to smarten up an outfit and originally went out looking for black or cobalt blue pair but instead came back with these...oops. They really popped out at me and I loved how they were a little different and would be able to be worn with so many different colours and outfits which is always good!
Is there anything you've been eyeing up recently?

Julia x
Shoes and Top - Topshop (sale)
Belt - American Apparel
Coat - Marks and Spencer
Earrings and Skirt - Topshop
Lipstick - Nars 'Cruella'
Follow on Bloglovin

10 comments :

  1. Love your skirt!

    http://trenchedinstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sweety! You have a nice blog and beautiful photo)

    Lets follow each other on GFC or/and G+? Write me if you agree)

    WELCOM TO THE WORLD OF FASHION, DIY AND TRAVEL!)

    WWW.CENTRALSTREET.COM

    ReplyDelete
  3. The green midi looks divine with the silver shoes! I had been considering getting that skirt last summer... Wish I had now!

    Love Vanessa xx

    vanessalovesralph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a pretty outfit!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's a high-end skincare giveaway on my blog, click here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This outfit is so beautiful and elegant,with some fifties.I love the emarld green skirt and your new silver shoes are just gorgeous,I dont own any pointy smart shoes like this,would love a pair and can imagine theyd look good with cropped trousers,ooo and jeans! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the long length of your skirt, it looks perfect with a longer coat!

    x greta
    flourish-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not usually a fan of green but oh my, that skirt is incredible. You look incredibly elegant yet very modern at the same time. Such a brave yet rewarding look!
    Bekki / www.Inguz-Fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts and they always make my day. Link your blogs too as I love checking them out xx