Wednesday 5 February 2014

Maxi Dress


Hi Lovelies!

I wore this outfit out yesterday to a Gallery which I volunteer at once a week. The dress code is smart/casual which I think this suits quite well. Underneath this dress I wore a black polo neck to keep me a little bit more cosy and then chucked on my tartan scarf which you can see here to keep me extra snug. I didn't manage to get any photos with it before I left though which is a shame. 
I bought this dress from Topshop about a year ago now and wore it non-stop (something I always do when I've just purchased something - anyone else the same?) as you can dress it up or down but I completely forgot about it recently. However, when rummaging in my wardrobe the other day, I spotted it and have given it life again! I love that - it's like having something new all over again haha.
 I saw this dress in the sale the other day online, but it looks like it may have run out now. However, I reckon there are still some in stores if you're interested and for a tenner, it's pretty good! Especially because you can wear it throughout the year by wearing it just as it is with some ankle boots or layering it up with a jumper or polo neck and tights. 
I then chucked on my Beret from ASOS which I also got in the sale recently, my trusty black backpack and my All Saints leather jacket which I got from my parents this christmas and am still obsessed with. 
I'm off to London again tomorrow evening for a long weekend to see my friends and sisters which i'm looking forward to! I think I may also go to the new RA exhibition, which sounds really cool and my membership there ends soon so need to take full advantage of it as much as possible. Geek! 
What are you guys up to this weekend? 

Julia x
Maxi dress - Topshop
Polo Neck - ASOS
Shoes - Urban Outfitters (old)
Leather jacket - All Saints (present)
Beret - ASOS
Backpack - TK Maxx
Belt - American Apparel 
Follow on Bloglovin

17 comments :

  1. Lovely outfit :)

    Erin
    justaweefashionblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely blog!! follow each otheR?
    http://www.blog-dailylife.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is gorgeous! love the layering and the biker chic look :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love ! especially because it is black my fav color. you look super fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look so bloody gorgeous Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a chic outfit! You look so ready for NYFW! :-) Love how you made black-on-black totally versatile and eye-catching. Totally know how you feel about loving a piece and then forgetting about it! And when you find it lounging at the bottom of your closet, you feel like you've somewhat went shopping and got something new again, hehe.

    So jealous of your All Saints leather jacket too! *_* It is a dream of mine to one day own one. How do you like it? You look stunning in it!


    Kelsey
    http://RunawayInLA.com

    PS: Just followed your lovely blog! ^_^ Hoping we can stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you lovely! Yeah, I've wanted a real leather jacket for so long so when I got one for christmas I was so happy. It's such a versatile piece you can wear with everything to dress up or down an outfit, day or not. Definitely worth investing in!

      Just followed your blog back - I love it! xx

      Delete
  7. I love all black outfits this is really cool, especially like your rucksack X

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. oo I love your maxi dress :)
    cute outfit!

    http://www.iwantfashion.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I seriously love every single post of yours!
    Lucia's Loves
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great, laid-back outfit combination! All the best from charming Berlin,

    Jana & Vanessa
    @midnightcouture

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this outfit!

    Would love to invite you to my giveaway:

    http://thisgirlloveschic.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/dress-lily-giveaway.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great great style! :)

    http://the-unfinished-painting.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts and they always make my day. Link your blogs too as I love checking them out xx