Monday 16 June 2014

Duster Coat

Hey lovelies!

Firstly, sorry about my pictures - they are a little blurry for some reason. I blame the wind that day. Anyways, here's what I wore yesterday! I am wearing the mules and duster coat combo again and i'm not sorry. It's just one of those things I can't fight. To me, these two really are a match made in fashion heaven. Too far? Ok, i'll calm down now.
But seriously, I do really like this look! I'm kind of sad summer is coming/here (did I really just say that!?) and the duster may have to go into temporary hibernation. I'm sure I will easily get away with bringing it out at nighttime though. We are in England after all, let's not get too excited. For this look I paired it with my Topshop mom jeans and a plain cream tee from H&M. I really like these basic wardrobe essentials pieced together - I think it is such a clean, chic but effortless look. For my bag I briefly stepped away from my backpack (revolutionary!) and wore this really pretty, oriental style patterned handbag. I love the vintage feel of the bag and the pop of colour it adds to the outfit.


I am seriously in need of some more t-shirts as I have lots of different skirts and trousers but I don't really have enough tops to wear with them. With this in mind I did a bit of a cheeky H&M sale splurge the other day. They had tops and shirts on there from £5-£10 and how wrong can you go with that eh?
 I went shopping on Saturday and COS have the most amazing sale which you guys should definitely check out. I really love COS; such simple, beautifully cut, streamlined pieces. I really tried not to look properly as I can't buy anything else but I accidentally spotted a plain black shift dress which is a light slightly sweater-type material at the front and then silk at the back. It is one of those dresses you can dress up or down and just stick it on and you automatically look ready to go. It was half price and I also weirdly don't have a little black dress and every gal needs a LBD... so there is my justification guys! 
Have you been finding any bargains in the recent sales?

Julia x

 Update: I just found out that i’ve been nominated for an ASOS Fashion Finder award, woop woop! I would love it so much if you're registered with ASOS Fashion Finder and fancied giving me a vote. All you need to do is click the little heart under my photo to give me a little boost and i'd be so happy! Thank you x
 Duster coat - ASOS, Top and chain - H&M, Jeans - Topshop, Mules - New Look, Bag - Urban Outfitters (old)
Follow on Bloglovin

24 comments :

  1. That coat is just so gorgeous, you look lovely Julia x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I am loving the outfit especially your sunnies

    http://everybodyssunshine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, this look. Mom jeans, duster coat, mules... I don't think there has ever been a more perfect look! Well done, simply gorgeous!

    www.lyndseyemma.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this combination! That duster coat would be so comfy during the colder months!

    www.stripedlune.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit! The mules are gorgeous! x

    www.hannahhearts-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Need those shoes in my life!
    You look lovely, perfect styling :)


    www.denimmondays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. great look
    and this coat give some chic touch !
    xo

    http://devsnochaos.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looove your hair, always looks gorgeous
    xx

    http://sofasoph.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look amazing!!
    Perfect outfit.

    Charlotte // www.thegoodowl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coats are one of my favorite pieces and this one is no exception! I love summer, but fall is even better. :)

    http://lamentinglizzie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love this outfits so cute. NEW POST UP ON MY BLOG http://jenniquecreatives.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. That coat is beautiful I really really want it!! Love the shoe too
    xx

    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. absolutely love the combination. and so need a duster coat.
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! I'm obsessed with that coat, it's so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this outfit, you style pieces so well! *followed*

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like this outfit too, the duster coat and mules ARE a dream team! I've had to avoid all the sales *sobsob* but that COS dress sounds gorgeous x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous! I so want to get a coat like it but, as my boyfriend is always telling me, I have too many coats and need to stop lusting after them XD
    Elesaurus

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice look! And I love the accessories!

    XoXo Shea L. →→→ kissmychocolate.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've just bought this duster coat in pink and can't wait to wear it! It looks so great on you especially with those high waisted jeans!

    Jac
    www.bumpkinbetty.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. That duster coat is just perfect!

    www.kcwong1.blogspot.co.uk <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts and they always make my day. Link your blogs too as I love checking them out xx