Monday 8 September 2014

Bonjour!

Bonjour gens charmants!

Get me and my French (thanks free translation - helping me out since GCSE's). To me, this outfit gives off strong Parisian vibes and I love the ladylike feel to it. Adding a casual breton top to this midi skirt is the perfect way to dress it down and make it really daytime happy. The recent days have been super sunny - not as hot as back in good old July (did August even happen!?) but definitely still warm enough for this attire.
I wore this sort of look loads last summer but jeans and shorts seem to have taken over quite a bit this year. I really like these outfits as they are super comfortable and yet still remain chic and ladylike. There is so much summer gear I haven't yet managed to show you guys, so I'm really thankful that this September (so far) seems to be relatively perky! Hopefully I can cram a few more looks in before it ends for good and i'll be wrapping myself up in lots of coats and cosy jumpers.

I bought these sandals in New Look a couple of months ago and they are so friggin comfortable. I really like the look of the naked strappy sandals with smart black trousers or jeans. However, a lot of the time the heel is a stiletto but I just know that I would never wear them if that were the case, especially during the day. I love heels but I also like to be comfortable and to be able to walk and not totter and for evening I like to dance and not have to sit on a random chair, hand jiving, with my evil shoes chucked on the floor. I learnt that the hard way during Uni.


 I then chucked on my black duster coat to complete the ensemble for when the sun goes in and it gets a little chillier. I can imagine i'll be wearing this coat a lot in the coming months. It's literally THE perfect transitional piece because it's so light but can definitely be layered for the cooler months when I want to be a little cosier.
How are you guys enjoying sunny September?

Au revoir, Julia x
Top - H&M (sale), Skirt - Topshop (old), COAT - ASOS, SHOES (similar) - New Look, Sunglasses - Urban Outfitters (sale)

12 comments :

  1. beautiful look, I just shoot a really similar look actually! xx

    lockettspockets.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this outfit! You look incredible Julia, so beautifully chic x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous skirt ! I love your look
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorrrgeeeeousss look! I love the skirt, you look so amazing!

    Shot From The Street | Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so classy! I'm not usually one for slogan tops but this combination is perfect! Looks awesome with the coat over top too - super chic!!
    JS xx

    http://januarysublime.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful outfit! I love you skirt and coat.

    xx E∆
    www.LietoDie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely outfit! the sunglasses look so great on you!! x

    Katariina,
    highheels-lowjokes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that skirt! Great post :)

    XOXO Shea L. ---------> kissmychocolate.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tu es vraiment très belle :)
    (You are actually really beautiful)
    Love from France
    Aurélie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts and they always make my day. Link your blogs too as I love checking them out xx