Friday 12 September 2014

The Dream Jeans



Hi lovelies!


Happy Fashion Week! I'm so gutted I'm not there! I was really rubbish with applying for tickets and by the time I got my act together and worked out how bloggers apply for them it was too late. Waa! But there is always next season and i'm going to make sure i'm there no matter what!

 Here is a clean and casual look for you. This reminds me of the chilled normcore trend that's going on at the moment. I am getting really into basics at the moment as they automatically complete any outfit and are the perfect go-to pieces every wardrobe needs. I was always pretty rubbish at buying basics as would rather get a cool pair of shoes or a fancy jacket or pair of trousers etc. instead - but then I'd never have anything to pair with them. I think I mentioned in a recently post but I am useless at buying tops - something that's been changing very rapidly recently.
One of the main wardrobe essentials has to be a pair (or five) of great jeans! I've got a few pairs of Topshop jeans - Jamie, Mom and Joni - which are all great but none of them fit as well as these ASOS beauties. I find with Topshop I am in-between sizes which is a pain, but with these ones they really do fit like a dream! I would say if you're in-between sizes like me then go for the smaller size in these ASOS ones. These are by far my favourite pair of jeans I own and if you follow me on Instagram (if not check me out at @juliaindisguise) you will have seen a fair few OOTDs recently with these on. I can't seem to take them off. The style is called Farleigh slim mom jeans and I really think I need to get a pair in every colour - especially the black ones.
I then chucked my white faux leather jacket which is so soft and comfortable. For my shoes I wore these silver mules - which I think these go so well with the jeans. I know - I need to get over the jeans. They are just jeans after all. If you didn't know better you could be mistaken to think this is some sort of collab with ASOS, but no - i'm just genuinely obsessed. Considering just over a year ago I didn't own a pair of any jeans this is very strange. 


I think this A/W i'm going to be channelling a lot of high waisted jeans, tailored trousers, duster coats and trainers - that casual but cool nineties feel. I just love it. I have seen a couple of pairs of straight cut trousers in Zara that I would love to buy, especially when paired with my (future) Adidas Superstars and an oversized duster coat. I just need to find the Superstars in my size. I've been lusting after them for yonks but can't find them anywhere in black and white. Does anyone know where else they may be that I might not have tried yet? 
I hope you're all well - any of you lucky buggers at LFW?

Julia x
JEANS & SHOES - ASOS, TOP, Sunglasses (old) & Jacket - Topshop, Bag - old

14 comments :

  1. Love this outfit, so perfectly casual. Aren't those jeans just the dream, I haven't taken mine off. I'm super jealous of everyone at LFW too, maybe February will be our turn.

    Laura x

    Fashion Found Me // UK Fashion & Personal Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! Definitely going to invest in a couple more pairs so I can give these a bit of a break every now and again. Can't seem to take them off! Yes definitely hope so! x

      Delete
  2. I love ASOS jeans too, they just fit so well! beaut outfit xx
    lockettspockets.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a stunner Julia, you look amazing girl! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit! love the shoes!!. you have a new follower, i’m following you via bloglovin and GFC 117… Hope you can do the same :)
    New Post… Visit Curly Glow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you lovely! Off to check out your blog now too xx

      Delete
  5. I love a good pair of high waisted jeans! Might give these ones a go because they look ace!
    I also recently got a pair of vintage Jordache's and they're AMAZING! They fit like a glove!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh they sound great! Yeah same - I don't like wearing anything not high waisted as find them far more flattering. Yes definitely do it - they are so comfortable as well. x

      Delete
  6. I have these jeans and they're the best! Also then and went and bought two other pairs from asos, the fit is always great xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do don't they!? Definitely going to get a couple more pairs in different shades x

      Delete
  7. Those jeans look like they fit like a dream. The whole outfit is lovely, so casual but still super stylish.

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts and they always make my day. Link your blogs too as I love checking them out xx