Friday 26 September 2014

Black & White

Hello my dears!

Firstly, I apologise for the slight bitch face I seem to have going on here a lot. I was genuinely happy, but the sun was blaady bright so most of the pictures where i'm actually smiling I look really pained. Seeing as September has been seriously good to us over in England, I fully embraced the sun in this white pleather skirt and breton tee. For me, it's definitely giving off some parisian vibes and I love the chic edge the coat and hat brings to the look. I do love myself a bit of Autumn/Winter and December is probably my favourite month of the year (christmas obsessive) but it's also great to still be able to fully embrace the long days and being able to chuck on an outfit like this and be comfortably warm.

However, I am also really looking forward to covering myself head to toe in all things burgundy, I can't lie. I love that colour and think it's thee perfect Autumn shade. My dress sense is definitely aimed more towards Autumn/Winter as I love layering, a good coat and I also feel you can have more fun with styling. I recently purchased a blanket cape from TK Maxx (definitely check there out if you also like them - they have so many great ones for bargains!) and I am obsessed with it. I always find when i'm outside in the freezing cold, all I want to do is be wrapped up on the sofa in a blanket and so it's pretty good replacement!
I heard on the grapevine that mules are being carried on into AW14 and that makes me very happy as these are probably one of the most comfortable pair of heels I own. I wore them to a meeting last weekend and then ended up wandering around London all day looking around galleries and the shops (hard life) and my gollum hobble didn't appear once! I have been eyeing up the over the knee boots recently and think one day soon a pair will have to be mine. I would like some with a chunky heel as well - but feel these are going to be quite tricky to style without looking too Pretty Woman esque. I'll find a way!
 I'm back to wearing my fedora almost constantly and will definitely be investing in a burgendy (of course) one soon and a slightly smaller black one for a more casual vibe. Although it's not wool or a cosy beanie etc this hat really does keep my head boiled and so is definitely an appropriate transitional piece.


What pieces will you guys be wearing to transition from summer to autumn?

Julia x
Top - H&M (sale), SKIRT - Motel Rocks, COAT - ASOS, Bag - TK Maxx, Shoes - New Look (similar), Sunglasses - Topshop

11 comments :

  1. love the entire look with the coat. the lip color is amazing with the outfit!
    haha dont worry, sometimes the sun gets in the way :)
    Xo, Belen
    A Hint of Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so stylish! this coat is perfection!!

    x Maria
    New outfit post up on my blog
    featuring MY NEW SMOCK DRESS

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, this look is just divine Julia x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look its so chic! Your mules are fab, I'll be wearing my fedora for autumn also x
    eleanor's adventures // UK Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, love it so much!!
    http://wannabestylishlau.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  6. i wish i could pull of long coats, they are so beautiful but i look awful in them. such a shame.
    xx

    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos are so lovely! I love your whole outfit, your mules are to die for!

    Emmy Lu,
    www.theshoppershandbook.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts and they always make my day. Link your blogs too as I love checking them out xx