Friday 17 October 2014

Fedora

Hello my dears!

 I finally got a chance to give these New Look booties a spin on my blog! I got these in the sale a fair few weeks back now. I know - New Look and just £25! I could hardly believe it. To me, they look like they could be from COS or similar due to the gorgeous cool tones and the thin rectangular heel. As you have probably guessed by now I do like myself a chunky 'ugly' boot, so these provide quite a nice amount of versatility to my wardrobe.
 I really love these boots paired with some black skinnys (something I need to invest in asap as my once black ones are now a dodgy grey colour - bloody Topshop) and a long black coat. They just make the outfit pop, but still keep it chic and sophisticated. However, I fancied wearing my pleather pencil skirt instead and loved the final look. It's definitely a perfect outfit to wear to work and then go straight out to meet friends for a few drinks afterwards. I probably should be wearing tights now, but I just managed to get away with it as the weather was surprisingly pleasant.

For my top i'm wearing another sale find, but this time from Zara. I love love love this top. It goes with absolutely everything and can be worn in both the winter because it's a knit and  the summer because it's sleeveless. Perfect. It automatically makes every outfit look really well put together with minimal effort. I'm really annoyed I didn't get the mustard yellow one as well now.
This Fedora is a very recent Primark purchase and I am loving it! I went out in my lunch break and I kid you not, spent 45 minutes of it trying on this exact same style hat about a thousand times. I hogged that mirror near the bags and I hogged it good. Considering they are meant to be 'one size' some were much smaller or larger than others, or the brim was wonky and some showed the hat lining underneath too much etc. When it finally came to purchasing the lady at the till, who had clearly spotted my OCD hat madness, gave me a very amused look and said: "so you got there in the end then?" I am a nightmare. I don't do this anywhere else except Primark though as obviously hats aren't priced at £7 for no reason. You are going to get a few dodgy ones out there. I also do it with their shoes because a lot of the time the glue can show. Now, why i'm even looking at things where you can actually see the glue that attaches the sole to the shoe is beyond me, but there we are.
I think I get the anal shopping syndrome (just made that up) from my mum, so at least I know she would be proud (apart from buying shoes where the sole may de-stick at any point). I'm one of those who will check every last inch of an items life to make sure there are no weird marks on the fabric, dodgy stitching and that the buttons are stitched on nice and tight, all without thinking twice. But surely this is normal/sensible? I also without fail in any shop will ask if I they could check in the depths of the stock room for a new pair of shoes as I don't want the ones where one foot is more stretched than the other and about a hundred other people have tried it on. I always thought that was normal but according to some of my friends who i've also asked for, it's not. But I don't hear them complaining when a brand new spanking pair comes down for them.
Anyone else got anal shopping syndrome? Please come forward! You're not alone.

Julia x
Fedora - Primark, Top - Zara (sale), SKIRT & COAT - ASOS, Boots - H&M (sale), Backpack - TK Maxx

BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER PINTEREST

16 comments :

  1. There is absolutely nothing that I don't love about this outfit, it is amazing!

    Salt and Chic // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous fedora! definitely worth the extra time to find the right one :)

    cat // je suis cat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so beautiful Julia, such a stunning outfit x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look! The coat is perfect.

    Helen x
    www.raggydoll-raggydoll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously LOVING this whole look. Your new hat is amazing, I wish we had that store here because I'd swoop one up immediately! Happy Friday!
    xo Hannah

    p.s. I am holding a giveaway for a cozy aztec cardigan over on my blog if you'd like to enter! :)
    http://thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com/2014/10/giveaway-win-cozy-tribal-sweater.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. These boots are SO on point, and I am loving that hat! I actually just wrote about a perfect pair of black skinnies, maybe have a look? Either way, please never stop dressing like this.

    x justina//abentpieceofwire.com
    ps. I'm trying to up my bloglovin game - help a girl out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely! Yeah i'll defo check it out now! xx

      Delete
  7. Love this look!

    Hayley xo

    www.fashionwilleatitself.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. can't even pinpoint which piece of item i love! as the outfit as a whole is fabulous

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the hat, it makes the outfit. I cant believe it's from primark! I've just bought a similar black one from asos but I'd much prefer a blue one, especially for half the price! I've been wanting an a-line mini skirt for ages, I havent seen any in the shops this length but I really like it.
    I wouldnt say Im an anal shopper! I should probably start checking things before I buy them!
    www.quitequaint.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the skirt and the shoes

    http://doinglifemyway.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts and they always make my day. Link your blogs too as I love checking them out xx