Friday 18 April 2014

Get Up Get Down


Happy Easter weekend lovelies!

I'm wearing a few new purchases in this outfit - I am one of those people who has to wear everything that is new straight away and then solidly for a few weeks until something else takes over. First off lets have a little chat about these shoes! Cue choir music - ahhhh. These babies are from New Look and are some of the best Jeffrey Campbell Mulder dupes i've seen. 
They are so ugly they're beautiful and I think i'm a little bit obsessed. They got a lot of lovin' on my Instagram and so I assume a lot of you feel the same as me. At the same time they definitely won't be everyone's cuppa tea - I think quite a few of my friends and family won't be major fans but what can you do?!
The heel is MASSIVE but because of the thick platform they are surprisingly comfy and don't actually feel that high when you're walking about. I was a little worried i'd feel like I was on stilts but because of the chunky platform and heel they are fine - although you may want to avoid cobbled streets. If you're thinking of purchasing and unsure of size then i'd definitely say they are really true to size. I'm an awkward 5.5 and I got them in a 5 and they fit pretty much perfectly. 
 Next newbie are these Motel Rocks Gingham trousers. I have been loving gingham for yonks and wanted a pair of trousers in this print for ages. I also grabbed the shorts and matching top set for a lovely co-ord look - something i'm really liking at the moment. I wasn't sure whether to swap these ones and size down as they are a little baggy but you can tell by the fit of them that they aren't meant to be super high waisted or tight so that's actually fine and they are so comfy! 
 I then grabbed this top from Monki for a lovely 8 squid. They have quite a few inexpensive logo crop tee's at the moment and I really like the fit and style of them. You can just chuck them on with anything and they automatically complete an outfit. I really wanted the 'Get into it' one but they didn't have my size in store. Waaa. They have them online though so may make a cheeky purchase... 
 I then finished off the look with my vintage denim jacket rolled up at the sleeves and black beanie as it was a little chillier yesterday as you can probably tell by the dullness in these pictures (sorry about that!). I hope you all have a great bank holiday guys and i'll be back this weekend!

Julia xx
P.S I've gone for the Company Style Blogger Awards for Best Personal Style Blog - Newcomer (less than a year blogging). It's definitely a massive long shot but i'd love it if you enjoy my blog and think I deserve a spot to click here and nominate me - it only takes a few seconds and would be so amazing if you wanted to! Thank you :) x
Levi denim jacket - Urban Outfitters,  CROP TOP - Monki, TROUSERS - Motel Rocks, BOOTS - New Look, Backpack - TK Maxx, Beanie - H&M Sunglasses - Asos
Follow on Bloglovin

11 comments :

  1. Your boots are AMAZING! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the trousers and the boots - they're seriously amazing. I'm going to nominate you in the company blogger awards, love your blog!x

    electra-violet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you so much lovely! That's so nice to hear :) xx
      Julia in Disguise

      Delete
  3. Superr shoes! Love the whole look!

    www.shotfromthestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gingham goes so well with the denim and those boots are huge, chunky beauts! Gorgeous!

    www.lyndseyemma.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julia, I really love that top! And your boots look so good on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those trousers are the nuts!! Your style is so perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Just found your blog and it´s great, you´re so beautiful!! Would you like to follow each other? Let me know by commenting one of my posts. Kisses!

    www.thesecretofbrightness.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my god! I am in love with this blog! You are amazing!

    www.FashionContainer.com
    xx, Malena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts and they always make my day. Link your blogs too as I love checking them out xx