Wednesday 14 May 2014

60s Vibes

Hello there lovelies!

I'm FINALLY BACK! I took these photos over the last bank holiday and only just got myself internet at my friends where i'm staying at the moment to put this post up. It feels like I haven't posted in ages and I was actually getting withdrawal symptoms. I really enjoy blogging so it's been weird not being able to do it for the past couple of weeks. I have internet now though thank goll so posts should be up again more regularly from now on! Whooopa!
Here's quite a cosy look for you - I am finding it really hard to work out the weather at the moment so I feel my blog is all over the place with the seasons at the moment. I have no one to blame but England. 
This outfit really reminds me of the 60s - hence the title. I really missed this coat - it has been ignored a little since the sun came out to play as it's so warm. However, as the sun decided to do a runner that weekend and it was pretty windy I thought it was the perfect item to chuck on to keep me extra snug. 
I mentioned a few posts ago that I got some money to spend at Motel Rocks from one of the ASOS competitions and I went a little crazy on the gingham. Since then I have been keen to show you guys what items I picked and how I would style them. This gingham top is another piece and I love it. I've always liked the high neck collars and I like the loose fitting slightly boxy fit this top has. 
I then chucked on (squeezed into slowly like my life depended on it) my H&M pleather trousers and my most recent and favourite pair of boots. I wish I could wear these all day long and I almost did on a night out and then seriously worried that I may break my ankle after a couple of cocktails so opted for something slightly flatter instead. I'll get there one day!
Julia x

P.S I'd love it if you wanted to vote for me for the Cosmo Blog Awards 2014 - in Next's 'Best Newcomer' category. All you need to do is click the link below and fill in your email and my blog URL if you think I deserve a spot. Thank you so much!
Cosmo Blog Awards - Next Newcomer Blog Award
Coat - Missguided
Top - Motel Rocks
Faux leather trousers and hat - H&M
Boots - New Look
Backpack - TK Maxx
Follow on Bloglovin

15 comments :

  1. I absolutely love your outfit and its elegant, cool 60s vibe :) Those shoes are amazing

    splasheswithfabulosity.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I know - think i'm a little obsessed with them haha x

      Delete
  2. Just gorgeous! I adore your sunglasses Julia! I'm loving your style too, new follower x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you lovely! That's so nice to here :) xx

      Delete
  3. Love the outfit! You look stunning!

    www.shotfromthestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look very french. like it!

    heartbeats Carola // VIENNA WEDEKIND

    ReplyDelete
  5. love how you paired everything together. love the mix of textures and patterns. and those boots, killer.
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always so impressed with how well you style things together! this is such a perfect outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your gingham look! And how rock n'roll 60's it is!!! Sooo awesome! congrats on your award :)
    mwah mwah xo Beckerman Girls
    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving this look, those shoes are incredible! xx

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this outfit!! So glad that I stumbled over your blog x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so cute in this hat and that gingham top is amazing! xx

    www.lurchhoundloves.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts and they always make my day. Link your blogs too as I love checking them out xx